Wednesday, February 1, 2023

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Lobo - Rebirth


 Lobo first appeared in comics in the 80s, as a bounty hunter alien from the planet Czarnia. He was shelved for a while and came back in the 90s. From the animated shows and movies I've seen, he is a mix of personalities between Wolverine and Punisher. I'm not even 100% sure of his abilities all the time, except maybe super strength and regeneration. Is he immortal...I think? Perhaps he's a bit Deadpool-like as well? At any rate, he rides around space in his space hog motorcycle, taking contracts. Sometimes he sides with the heroes and other times takes the villain's money. 

Every time Lobo has shown up, he's been kind of a badass. I sort of like this figure as something that could be good, evil, an alien biker gang leader, or whatever! He fits a few niches. They did an awesome job of the biker look, kneepads, facial expression and special mention for the awesome back of the biker vest! He comes with his signature hook and chain which is done fairly well. He's got a good heft to him and can get in some decent poses. This purchase for me was sort of out of left field, since I know very little about the character, don't have a lot invested in buying him, and wasn't even planning on buying him when I first saw the release. That said, I'm happier with him than I am with some other McFarlane figures! 

Sculpt/paint: 2/3 Again they do amazing sculpt work, but except for the back of the jacket and head parts, there is a lot of paint missing at the back. I imagine it's how I would decorate my tree. It's still pretty good!

Articulation: 2/3 (Technically 30) There are technically 30 moveable points here, but the way the bulky figure was designed, you can barely use his waist or diaphragm except as a twist and his wrists only swivel for me despite I can see a recessed ball and hinge joint in there. The ankles also barely do anything but swivel. Kinda disappointing, though the arms for whatever reason are pretty fluid. 

Accessories: 1/1 His hook chain deal works just fine, though I wish he had both punching hands and a hook chain that was extended to wrap around other 7" figures. 

Fun Factor: 2/3 He's mostly fun to look at in a few different poses, though posing him isn't all that fun in and of itself. 


Verdict: 7/10 (Limited) I thought when I bought him he'd end up better but he's still got some limiting range of motions issues having to do with how they designed the wrist/ankles. That said, he's cool on the shelf and posed with the Bat bike! 

The cocky sneer really epitomizes all that is Lobo

Just love this at the back!

Rockin' the vest

Swing!

Not bad!

Not a ton of mobility compared to other McFarlane figures


He both rides, holds and looks better on the bike
than the figure it was actually designed for!



No comments:

Post a Comment