Thursday, January 6, 2022

McFarlane Toys Batcycle - Dark Knights: Death Metal

 

This just an amazing vehicle that I couldn't pass up. I did pass on many of the other McFarlane vehicles, mostly because they don't really fit in my collection vision. I am very tempted by the upcoming Batmobeast, an evil Batman who is a sentient car (this Dark Knights line is so crazy), but it's so huge I wouldn't know where to put it. If I'm going to get a vehicle that big, it'll be an actual Batmobile I'm looking for. 

This one has amazing sculpt details in all the bone textures, the bat face, and the details of the bike parts. It's hard not to criticize some things in my head like "uh, that's not how those bones look...and those shouldn't even be bones!" but I push it aside because it just looks so neat. The bike completes the Death Metal look and makes me want to get the scythe death metal Batman version (probably won't unless there's a sale). The bike has working wheels that are well made, and turn at a swivel point too! 7-inch figures look pretty comfortable on it, but six-inch and true six-inch figures make it look a little too big. 


Positives: - Nice feel, weight and balance

                - Awesome texture and sculpt detail

               - Badassery in spades

Negatives: - No shading, would've made it stand out even more

                  - Pretty niche Batman vehicle I must say

                 - Missing the red tongue fender that goes over the front wheel in the comics


Overall: Overall I really like the cycle, and because of my heavy investment in the Dark Knights Metal line, how cool it looks, and how it's not too much on the shelf, I highly recommend this one. I think even if you don't like Batman or this line you should get the cycle if you have a collection of skeletons, or Skeleton Warrior figures, or anything in that arena of Death-like figures that need a mode of transport! 

Side

Front view. Those ear...bones though! 

A little blurry but some undercarriage detail

The back is not as impressive! 


This is what Marvel Legends looks like on it. 
Not quite their tempo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment