Sunday, August 29, 2021

4th Annual Top 10 Most Viewed Figures!

 It's a few (*coughs many coughs) months late but I've finally gotten around to the 4th annual most viewed figures! This year I've dived headfirst into the absolute INSANE world that is McFarlane toys in a big way. As in, I've had to really push myself away from not collecting EVERY DC Multiverse toy that came along. Some were easy decisions (often mediocre face sculpts from live-action DC films) and others were tempting but from comic lines, I had never read nor cared a lot about (White Knight, Last Knight on Earth etc). Advance warning this list of 50% McFarlane, 20% import, and 30% older figures I recently got hold of. I did recently get a Spiderman PS4 figure THINKING it was the real thing but sadly it is a knockoff. Maybe one day if I get the real one I'll do another comparison. 

So here are the ten that you liked clicking on! 

10. McFarlane Toys Flash Point Batman (Thomas Wayne) I like the idea of the alternate timeline where Bruce dies and his parents live. Both crack up mentally, one becoming a gun-toting anti-hero Batman, and the other going insane and becoming the Joker. The look of the figure is sweet, and they nailed nearly everything here perhaps minus the stubble (still trying though!). 

Most Avenging Batman Award!

Worst Application of Beard Stubble Award!

9. DC Collectibles Harley Quinn (Arkham Knight) I kinda got this one just to fill my collection and because it was fairly cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised by the posing, face sculpt and the accessories she came with. It helps that you can actually play a short DLC story of her in the game to cement an enjoyment of her fighting style. Nice work on this one DC collectibles! 

Most Accessories for an Arkham Figure award!

Swiiiiing Batta!

8. DC Icons Blue Beetle  This is another one I managed to snag at a slightly reduced price but impressed with how bright the blue and black contrasted, and the modern Jaime Reyes version of the character. The wings have some posing and the weapon attachments kick ass! Absolutely love the wings and suit design here. 

Best  Wings Award!


Love his two gun arms and they're super
easy to swap

7. DC Collectibles Red Hood (Arkham Knight) I never thought I'd get this figure for less than 150 CAD but here we are! This has been a holy grail figure of mine for a while to add to the Arkham collection and it did not disappoint. The paint and sculpt are so accurate it hurts, and the dual pistols make the posing dynamic and very John Woo! 

Shiniest helmet award!

Also most ridiculously large pistol award!
To be fair it does transform into a sniper rifle



6. McFarlane Toys Batman (Arkham Asylum) This was a release that helped me switch to collecting McFarlane, mostly in the hopes of getting more Arkham figures that had the nice articulation update that the DC collectibles ones did not have until the Arkham Knight line. I love this one! He's a bit wider in the shoulders than I'd like, but the super tall ears and look are great paired with more posing choices. 

Most improved Articulation
from a DC Collectible award!


I'l still never understand why
nearly every McFarlane is double jointed
elbowed except this one

5. McFarlane Toys Infected Superman (Dark Knights Metal) It's a little funny that McFarlane released two other Supermen before this one, but this was one of the better sculpts for the body. He's got a really nice range and that sadistic face is just hard to tear your eyes away from! Plus ALTERNATE HANDS. Say it again, McFarlane. 

Most tattered cape award!

This is someone you don't want to rescue you


4. McFarlane Toys The Merciless (Dark Knights Metal) I'll be honest, McFarlane sunk me into getting this Build-a-figure. I probably wouldn't have gotten the Axe Batman if not...who am I kidding, I would've got them all! Anyway, not a ton of range due to the size and armour sculpt but super cool nonetheless! Shiny! 

Best Armored Figure award!


3. SH Figuarts Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) Pretty neat having another Bebop figure on the list, and despite initial photos, I am pretty excited for the live-action movie! This one is both cool and annoying for the same reasons Spike was -- super accurate sculpt, fantastic accessories and parts, VERY difficult to stand still and balance. 

Best Pet Bird Award

2. Mafex Medicom Wonder Woman (Justice League film) I don't know about now, but at the time this seemed like the most accurate face sculpt and deception of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot. There are still some things off face-wise but it's maybe 85% there. Very poseable and I love her rope accessories. 

Best Wonder Woman in my Collection Award!


Worst Gap in Shoulders Award

1.McFarlane Toys DC Rebirth Red Hood (Two-pack version) This list is inundated with dual pistol-wielding figures, but this one got the most views! If I had had more patience I would've waited for the single figure release as I probably didn't need a second Nightwing that is identical minus the red instead of the blue look. This one is great though! My second favourite Red Hood figure out of the three for sure! 

Best Red Hood Helmet award!

If you saw this jacket in real life, you'd realize 
he'd never be able to take it off.

There it is, another year closed off (even if it was a bit late). I've got a furious backlog of figures to catalogue, review and play with so hopefully there will be more activity here in the near future! 

                          
The whole ten! Couldn't quite put them in 
order due to some size differences!


Who wore it best?

I like this dual-pistol anti-hero
family portrait

All the guns!

Speaking of dual, duel!

I'm not sure who wins this fight, a dark
Bruce Wayne with the god powers of Ares
or a crazy Joker toxin Superman


No comments:

Post a Comment