Monday, September 9, 2024

Mcfarlane Toys Shriek - Batman Beyond Future's End Build a fig


The Future's End line, except for Batman Beyond and Batgirl Beyond, is something I would never have purchased otherwise. That said, I enjoyed the animated series and dig the character design. Mostly though, I bought just enough to buy parts for the Jokerbot I figure what does it hurt to buy two more?! Capitalism wins again. 

I never knew about Shriek, maybe I missed the episode? Anyway, Walter Shreeve, a sound engineer drove his company into the ground, lucky for him Derek Powers acquired his company. He built a sound suit capable of demolition using sound waves, but Powers had other ideas. He commands him to kill Bruce Wayne, who is luckily saved by Batman. 

The look of the figure is pretty sweet. Whether you know or like this character, he seems to sub in easily for robot minion cannon fodder. I like how they handled the energy effect and the lights. Other than that, doing just a few colours with textured suit pieces is definitely McFarlane's wheelhouse. 


Sculpt & Paint: 2/3 Nothing terribly good or bad here. I will reiterate that the head, chest and hand lights have a cool blue translucency to them that makes it visually striking against the white and black suit. Again, the sculpt is very well done, with very few details painted. 

Articulation: 3/3 Good, standard Mcfarlane articulation. Not much back crunch, but everything else is solid. I like how they looked at the bulky forearm design and placed a nice flexible ball joint inserted deep in the pocket of the mid-forearm. It helps the sculpt and you can get some decent movement. 

Accessories: 1/1 His sound effect looks great, made of the same nice blue translucent material, and fits in either hand. Also stand and card as usual. 

Fun Factor: 2/3 He does have some cool poseablility and looks particularly threatening, more fitting in with non classic DC heroes. He also balanced fairly well!

Verdict: 8/10 McFarlane got me good buying a figure I had no idea about and didn't really desire in the first place. I do like it though and it looks good in with the others. Solid delivery Mcfarlane!



A little sad when the card photo is just the figure(s) 
instead of the comic or animated art


He's got some good flexibility but
is a little top heavy with the armor and big arms


I really like the sound wave effect but kinda wish they had
found a way to attach it to his palm without needing the claws
to be actually through the piece 


Half the time I feel like I was putting this one into
dance poses. Ole! 





No comments:

Post a Comment