Tuesday, March 23, 2021

McFarlane DC Multiverse Batman - Flashpoint

 

In the alternate Flashpoint timeline, (and no this isn't a Dark: Knights Metal character, I know...), Joe Chill actually shoots Bruce, leading Thomas Wayne to seek vengeance on the criminals of Gotham and become Batman. Unlike Batman, he has no qualms about killing. He carries dual pistols and isn't afraid to use the arsenal of his enemies and friends: an amazon sword as well as the scarecrow and poison ivy toxins. 

This Flashpoint Batman is pretty sweet, and I like the style! Point cape shoulders, red eyes, and logo, dual pistols are all great design choices that are well represented here. I noticed that McFarlane recently released an unmasked version with the Amazon sword, which is a clever way I suppose to get people to rebuy the figure. I'd much rather he charge more for a figure and include more stuff (interchangeable hands, the unmasked head, and sword) since all those parts don't take up a ton of room in the package. Oh, capitalism. 

This figure has some pretty good poseability and has a nice, simple colour scheme. I approve of this figure! Look below for some ratings! 


Sculpt/Paint: 3/3 Really nice work on the dark red eyes and logo here. The sculpting is excellent and shows texture in the suit, great details in the boots and gloves, and a neat mould for the cape. 

Articulation: 2/3 He's pretty decent and has the regular joints, but barely has any hip swivel or even waist swivel. I'm also a little disappointed with how little there is for forward range 

Accessories: 1/1 The guns are nicely detailed, and even have a gunmetal drybrush. Why didn't you, Grim Knight?!? They fit super easily into his holster, but are also snug enough. The stand and card are also there. Like I said, I think it'd be better if they had included either an unmasked head or the amazon. I mean, they did that...if you buy another figure.

Fun Factor: 2/3 This is a pretty cool Batman version, but I think I'm realizing I didn't ABSOLUTELY need this one for my collection. He is pretty cool though and is fairly poseable. Not the best range though, and his toe hinge is one of the ugliest of them all, plus being kinda loose. 


Verdict: 8/10 Worthy He's definitely a cool figure, but this is getting into more obscure Batman territory (though that seems to be McFarlane's thing at this point). Unlike the other figures, there isn't anyone else so far in support of this comic book series. 

They did a good job of the face and I still love
that McFarlane sculpts in and doesn't just paint on the logos. 
Beard stubble could still use some work. 

Nice fold sculpts! If it's going to be
non-poseable, might as well look cool

Accessory photo









Size comparison of the gun boys! 





No comments:

Post a Comment