Sunday, August 30, 2026

Spinmaster Batman 85th Anniversary special 3 Pack - Batman (men?)



My sister and her partner (who is also my friend!) got me this lovely 3-pack of Batmans as a gift, and I'm finally getting around to reviewing them! This is a special anniversary edition, which makes it pretty valuable, though significantly less so now that I've removed all the packaging, haha. I don't think I'll ever be a collector who wants to resell and make money. Anyway! It comes with 3 representations of Batman from film, namely: Batman from the 1989 film played by Michael Keaton, Batman from The Dark Knight played by Christian Bale, and Batman from the Dawn of Justice film played by Ben Affleck.

These are all small, 3.75-inch figures with limited articulation, though compared to the same-size figures from my childhood, way more articulation that was typical for that time. The paint isn't too bad for their size, though the faces are slightly gloppy. The range for the articulation points is pretty good, and I really liked that they brought in cloth capes, which really help with the weight control when posing these small, light figures. If you have other 3.75-inch Batman figures like I do for the 66 Batman figure, this is a really nice addition to a static display to show off live-action Batmen throughout time!

Sculpt & Paint: 2/3. I would normally bump this pretty low because it is a small figure with minimal paint and feels more like a static collector figure or basic child's toy, but if you look closely, each figure has quite a bit of sculpting detail. This tells me Spinmaster did some decent work on their moulds to make it look good. 

Articulation: 2/3 (17 points). The knees, elbows, and shoulders are all hinge swivels, which allow decent range of motion. The head is a bit limited on a very short ball peg, while the hips have a swivel cut and regular ball joints. No wrists, ankle, or torso swivel on this, which I usually expect for those, but oh well. 

Accessories 0/1: There are no accessories here for either Batman, despite them all having open hands. 

Fun Factor: 1/3 These are designed not to be overly poseable, and for my standards are a bit limited, but fun to move around. You do not worry about breaking these figures at all despite their size. Their balance is ok, but due to the lack of ankles, there aren't a lot of poses you'll put these 3 in. 

Verdict: 5/10. These are cool figures to have in a 3.75-inch collection, and I love them with my Batman 66, but I think Spinmaster could've done a better job of either adding swivels, a little Batman gadget or something else to enhance the collection if they're going to make a big deal of it being an 85th anniversary collection. 






















Some SH Figuarts/Mafex comparisons


I took this over two months ago and realized
too late how blurry this was but...for the sake of size comparison
it works!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment